Dear friend of Teleport,
Here's a quick recap of what went down in October:
- Teleport Flock was chosen as a winner of the World Summit Awards 2015 - read more about the award here.
- Ask a Local is now also available in the web version of Teleport Cities.
- We redesigned teleport.org - the new layout should make exploring a lot easier. Here's what's different.
- Our chats with interesting people around the world included podcasts with Paul Veugen and Ave Lauren, plus a Q and A with the queen of remote work herself - Sara Sutton Fell, founder of Flexjobs.
Make sure to check out our collection of links from this month below, and don't forget to keep your eye on our blog for the latest stories.
Teleport marketing team
Our summary of interesting reads from October:
Free People Move (and read):
- All people should be free to move. The Atlantic explained the case for getting rid of borders - completely.
- 18F wrote about their best practices for making distributed teams work effectively.
- Monese, a startup that lets people open bank accounts anywhere in Europe, has a waiting list of 56,000 people.
Teleport One Line News:
- Ardo Illaste, Teleport's data scientist, wrote about reducing effort by creating shortcuts.
- We put together a list of our internal tips for successful communication in a remote team.
- Want to ask to work remotely in a non-remote team but not sure how? Here are some things to keep in mind.
Make sure you keep an eye on our blog and follow us on Facebook and Twitter to get the latest from Teleport!