Ben Horowitz, cofounder and General Partner of the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz (also one of our investors) stopped by the Teleport office on his recent visit to Tallinn. Here’s a video recap of the meetup.
Ben was in Tallinn a few weeks ago for a board meeting with TransferWise—a16z’s biggest investment outside of Silicon Valley and in Estonia. Among other adventures, he came over to our office to meet and hang out with the team and answer our questions—and we have it on tape.
Here’s what we discussed:
- Which countries have the best investment opportunities?
- Has remoteness increased in the a16z portfolio?
- What are the biggest challenges that companies face that might keep them from getting funding?
- How much influence does the current political situation in the world have on companies, their strategies and portfolio?
- Are we in a tech bubble?
- Are startups stuck in Silicon Valley and how can Teleport help rescue them?
- In the long term, which places could rival Silicon Valley?
- Do the locations of the best startup hubs shift according to industry?
- What does Ben mean by “You shouldn’t follow your passion, you should follow your contribution”?
- Are there limits regarding remote work and how can technology help?
- Ben’s advice and words of encouragement to team Teleport
Want more food for thought from Ben? Check out his blog and his book: The Hard Thing About Hard Things: Building a Business When There Are No Easy Answers.