What is a good country? How can everyone make their country better? Why is important to look beyond your geographical location? Why should we make an effort to “stir it up”?
We’re kicking off 2017 with a very thought-provoking episode of our Free People Move podcast, featuring a chat with Simon Anholt—the creator of the Good Country index and the Global Vote, among other things.
Here are some of the topics we covered:
- Why are the existing indexes of countries’ “goodness” not enough?
- Which aspects is the Good Country index based on, and how can it be improved further?
- How can an individual help make their country better?
- What is the Global Vote, and should it be taken into account with all elections?
- What does “dapple” mean, and why is it important for the development of the world?
- Why is it important to understand the people you disagree with?
(If you prefer iTunes, we’re also on there. Syncing from SoundCloud might take some time, so if the latest episode isn’t up yet, please be patient and check back soon.)