Honestly not really, you can have a very modest lifestyle on 50k, but if you have two people expecting to live off 3k a month you will struggle , whilst a lot of people are attracted to Ireland because of the "Higher Wages" the overall higher cost of living negates any benefits Your better off in a cheaper warmer city in Europe like Lisbon, where a slightly smaller salary will go a lot further, I have a couple of friends who moved abroad and the work life balance is way better. If I didn't have family here I would leave.
* Jobs - Lots of jobs opportunities in office jobs / tech…… making coffee for the people in offices.
* The Illusion of wealth - Ireland currently has an illusion of wealth, very few people are making a good living , but that doesn’t stop them from spending what little they have of drink, drugs are partying , so if you like to party and not worry about hangovers Dublin is currently where it is at.
* Rent expect to pay minimum half your salary on rent as a rule of thumb, plus landlords are now sometimes looking for 6 months up front and a lot of scams going on.
* Culture in Ireland is all about drink, its closer to a college frat party than anything civilised so don’t expect much. If you like a quite drink your better off at home, .
* Food – given the culinary scene is built around the drinking culture the food is pretty unhealthy , in recent years we adopted the American “Brooklyn” model, most food joints are just junk food outlets with a bit of hipster chic and decor thrown in so that it looks good on Instagram, check out lovindublin.com for examples, almost everything is burgers, tacos, wings or tapas. Irish food is fairly unexistent. A salad will set you back between 8-10.