Teleport Zen Press Kit
Teleport Zen is a personalized moving checklist that gives you peace of mind throughout your next move.
Moving to a new city is exciting, but the process of getting there can be very annoying. The process consists of a huge amount of small and unknown tasks mixed between bigger and obvious ones. Often, the timing and sequence matters to get everything done right.
Teleport Zen gives control over the moving process back to you and removes unnecessary stress. You can use it as free software with a pre-populated todo list and an expert guide to manage every step of your move. Should you get stuck on any task, Teleport Scouts and professional service providers are a click away to help you out.
Teleport Zen lets you:
- start with a customized, detailed and pre-populated moving task list, for free
- edit and organize tasks in the planning stage of your move, during the actual move, and after, when settling in
- save your personal notes and research results by attaching them to tasks
- track task completion progress towards your move date and other deadlines
- request help from a human Teleport Scout in case you get stuck or prefer to delegate any task
- quickly contact recommended service providers from a curated list to request a quote or order their products to solve any part of your move
- Teleport builds software for people on the move.
- Long term vision: Free people move around. All governments will be competing for every citizen.
- Early focus: Helping knowledge workers whose jobs allow them to be mobile figure out where they should be, and then help them get there.
Founded April 1, 2014.
- Incorporated in the United States and European Union.
- Staff in Calgary, Canada; Tallinn, Estonia; Munich, Germany; San Francisco Bay Area, California; and Galapagos Islands, Ecuador.
- In September 2014 announced $2.5M seed funding from Andreessen Horowitz, SV Angel, Seedcamp, and angel investors including Jeff Dean, Jaan Tallinn, Scott and Cyan Banister, Rain Rannu and others (see AngelList profile and CrunchBase profile for more)
- The core product, Teleport Cities helps knowledge workers to discover the best place to live and work. Users build a profile of their needs and preferences, and Teleport Cities help them understand their life at 150+ most creative cities in the world, across 160+ dimensions of income, cost & quality data.
- In addition, have released a suite of various apps to optimize your location – Teleport Neighborhoods, Teleport Flock, Teleport Sundial and Teleport Runway.
- See more on our about page and have a look at our blog.
- Sten Tamkivi – Co-Founder & CEO. Sten is a tech entrepreneur, most recently residing at Andreessen Horowitz. After starting a few companies in Estonia he joined a startup called Skype as an early executive in 2005, where he ran the original R&D office and held several global product engineering leadership roles for 7 years. He holds a MS in Management from Stanford GSB.
- Silver Keskküla – Co-Founder. Silver is a hacker, a researcher and a nomad. He joined Skype as the first researcher in the core team in the early days which led to his most recent role as a Principal Software Development Engineer at Microsoft. At Skype Silver was optimizing peer-to-peer network topologies using machine learning and AI and pushed neural networks to hundreds of millions of computers. His nomadic lifestyle has led him to pursue education in universities such as Tsinghua, Stanford and MIT. As a Phd dropout from Swiss Federal Institute of Technology he holds a Masters in Computer Science from Chalmers University of Technology.
- Balaji Srinivasan – Co-Founder. Balaji is a Board Partner at Andreessen Horowitz and previously was a co-founder of Counsyl, a genomics startup that tests more than 4% of all US births. Prior to co-founding Counsyl, Dr. Srinivasan taught data mining, statistics, and computational biology in the Department of Statistics at Stanford University. He holds a BS, MS, and PhD in Electrical Engineering and an MS in Chemical Engineering from Stanford.
- Sten, Silver and several other team members were early key people at Skype.
- Teleport is a modern distributed organization: the core team of 12 people is spread between 5 countries.
- Find more information about Teleport on the About page and the Teleport blog.
Please refer any additional questions, clarifications and interview requests to Sten Tamkivi, CEO, firstname.lastname@example.org
Teleport visual assets